Sunday, May 20, 2007

7 Wonders


As the World prepares to the election of the New 7 Wonders of The World we, in Portugal, are also voting for the 7 Wonders of Portugal.

Regarding the international candidates it really is a difficult choice and I think there should be more than 7 wonders. I like Neuschwanstein Palace, The Taj Mahal, Macchu Picchu... but all of the others are pretty spectacular too.

Regarding the portuguese ones I know I may be a bit biased but my vote goes to the one that is closer to home The Palace and Convent of Mafra. Even if I've lived with it in my backyard all my life, so to speak, it never ceases to amaze me whenever I look at it.

What about you? Do you have any favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...