Saturday, April 12, 2008

Lady of The Knight - Jackie Ivie


I can't remember anymore why I put this one in the TBR pile. I don't particularly like "girls in pants" stories (with the exception of These Old Shades) but something must have been good in other's recommendations for me to add it to the pile.

A passionate, emotional, action-packed story set against the violent and volatile backdrop of 14th-century Scotland. When her family is wiped out by Clan FitzHugh, Morganna KilCreggar makes a vow to gain justice. Tall, fit, and a weapons expert with formidable skill and perfect aim, Morganna becomes the "lad" Morgan and squire to her enemy, Alexander, the youngest FitzHugh. When desire breaks through Morgan's secret and she and Zander becomes lovers, he surprises her by surpassing all her dreams

However I was very disappointed in it. The truth is that it started rather well. The hero captures the heroine on a battlefield thinking she is a boy and decides to make her his squire. The girl wants revenge on who killed her family and thinks the hero might be close to the one she wants to kill. There's the usual tension between the 2 and the hero starts to believe he has feelings for a boy and can't understand what's happening. So far so good! I always have trouble believing they can be fooled about the girl's sex as they live together but I usually suspend my disbelief. The problem is that it takes too long for that tension to be solved. There are chapters and chapters of the hero speaking of how he loves the squire, some scenes of him kissing his squire and then deciding he is going to get married to solve his problem...I found the whole scenario a bit disturbing to tell the truth. And it just took too much time, so long that I lost interest!

Grade: DNF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...