Friday, June 21, 2013

Criminal Minds - Season 8

Is it just me or this series is getting darker and bloodier? I still love watching this show and I loved how we got to know more about the agent's private life this season but some of the cases are feeling a bit too much to me.

Having said that, I loved to have a subplot that continues through the whole season, although the replicator did replicate some gruesome cases I liked the idea of them having a stalker of sorts. After so many guys put away it seemed almost to be expected that they had managed to attract the attention of a bad guy.

I did miss Prentiss a bit and, maybe because of that, I didn't warm up to Blake immediately. She seems to pale in comparison to the other characters who are all so familiar and well defined. Loved knowing more about Reid's love life, Hotch's family and seeing how Rossi and Strauss' relationship seemed much stronger than hinted. I feel sorry that we didn't get more about them.

I started writing this piece thinking that maybe season 9 would be the one where I would give it up if the cases continue as bloody as in this one but thinking about all these characters made me miss them and I can't wait to see what is going to happen to them next.

In the mean time I think I'll go pre-order the DVD so I can revisit some of the key moments of the season.

And if anyone knows of any other good profiler shows out there feel free to drop me an email. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. "Criminal Minds" returned for its seventh season in 2011-2012, revolves around an elite team of FBI profilers who analyze the country's most twisted criminal minds, anticipating their next moves before they strike again. The Behavioral Analysis Unit's most prominent agent is David Rossi (Joe Mantegna), a founding member of the BAU, who returns to help the team solve new cases, while pursuing some unfinished business of his own. Each member brings his or her own area of expertise to the table as they pinpoint predators' motivations and identify their emotional triggers in the attempt to stop them.

    ReplyDelete

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...