Monday, November 16, 2009

New Challenge - The Alphabet in Historical Fiction

HT is hosting its first challenge and being a part of the organising team I'm automatically in the challenge. Fortunately I read a lot of historical fiction so I don't think this is going to be a difficult one to do. The rules are:

Each fortnight you have to write a blog post about an historical fiction book of your choice (it might even be something you already read before), but it MUST be related to the letter of the week. You have several possibilities:

- the first letter of the title
- the first letter of the author's first name or surname
- the first letter of a character's first name or surname
- the first letter of a place where an historical event took place

Come and join the fun, you will find the information needed to sign up here and the letter A is already up.

Books read:

A - Red Adam's Lady by Grace Ingram
B - Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell
C - My Lady Judge by Cora Harrison
D - The Poison Maiden by Paul Doherty
E - The Scarlet Lion by Elizabeth Chadwick
F - A Fatal Waltz by Tasha Alexander
G - Silent on The Moor by Deanna Raybourn (Lady Julia Grey series)
H - The Conquered Heart by Denee Cody
I - I Serve; A Novel of The Black Prince by Rosanne E. Lortz
J - Birds of a Feather by- Jacqueline Winspear
K - Bellfield Hall by Anna Dean (Dido Kent mysteries)
L - A Mortal Bane by Roberta Gellis (London setting)
M - My Theodosia by Anya Seton
N - For The King by Catherine Delors (N is for Napoleon)
O - The Oak Apple by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles
P - Bluegate Fields by Anne Perry
Q - The Queen's Man by Sharon Kay Penman
R - The Talisman Ring by Georgette Heyer
S - The Suspicions of Mr Whicher by Kate Summerscale
T - One, Two, Buckle My Shoe by Agatha Christie
U
V - A Venetian Affair by Andrea di Robilant
W - Island of the Swans by Ciji Ware
X
Y
Z

3 comments:

  1. I like historical fiction but I have not read enough yet to take part in this. Mine would be more of a "here's what I want to read" list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can join in just a few letters if you want. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...