Monday, April 9, 2007

Vera Cuz do Marmelar

And we're back after a really nice weekend in the country!

Vera Cruz is a quiet little village with small white houses in the middle of Alentejo. We spent the time visiting friends, watching the animals and just relaxing.



We were getting ready for dinner when I took these pictures, hence the dark...thankfully it was sunny all weekend.




the restaurant where we had most meals, great food and really cheap!




Deers on a hunt reservation...





...she was friendly enough to make me swear off lamb for the rest of my life...




these were really curious about us and just run around...



the little rabbits were too cute...



Prison Break the animal version, at least according to L.

and that's it! I wish we could have stayed longer, it's the ideal place to just relax and forget the stress of city life.

Unfortunately today it's time to go back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...