Wednesday, October 17, 2007

No Reservations


It's seldom we have been to the movies these past few months. The other day we had a shopping expedition to FNAC and since the movies were in the same shopping center I managed to convince L. that he really wanted to go and see No Reservations.

A top notch female chef's life is turned upside-down when she must care of her niece after her sister is killed. She now has to adapt to a different lifestyle and uses food as a means to express her roller-coaster life.

I was expecting a nice and cosy story and I wasn't disappointed, I think I would have enjoyed it a bit more if we could have understood why Catherine Zeta-Jones's character seemed to have so much of an excentric nature but in the end I felt it was a really nice sunday afternoon movie!

Here's the trailer!

5 comments:

  1. This movie made me soooo hungry! And I do agree with you, it was nice, but not really more than that. Still, one of those movies you leave with a smile on your face, and I do like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly so! Besides I told L. it was the perfect movie for us, he loves to cook and I love opera! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this some weeks ago and I actually enjoyed it but mostly because of Aaron Eckhart who has a wonderful charisma. The music by Mark Isham and the opera trully helped to give a little something special to the story.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it not fun that we talk daily but if I hadn't posted this we would never have discovered we saw the same movie? If it had been an historical I would be emailing you right out of the movie theatre lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO That's so true, Ana! We are so into historicals right now that we completely forget the rest.;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...