Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Play of Passion - Nalini Singh

In his position as tracker for the SnowDancer pack, it's up to Drew Kincaid to rein in rogue changelings who have lost control of their animal halves- even if it means killing those who have gone too far. But nothing in his life has prepared him for the battle he must now wage to win the heart of a woman who makes his body ignite... and who threatens to enslave his wolf.


It amazes me how there are 10 books already out in this series when it seems it was only yesterday that I started reading it. After a break in reading, and the prompting of a friend, it was good to get back to these characters.
 
Play of Passion was great to make the SnowDancer pack better known. I loved knowing more about them as a pack. However I am pretty fascinated by the Ghost storyline and I must say that one of the reasons I enjoyed this book so much was that it gave us more insight on what the Psy are doing and how they are being fought by the other races (species?)
 
I did like Indigo and Drew while they were secondary characters, they were nice enough here but didn't reach favourite couple status for me. The conflict between them wasn't very big to begin with and Indigo ended up being too stubborn just to make it last longer. When I reached the middle of the book I was just hoping they would get on with it so I could read more about the Pure Psy, the Ghost and the Psy Councilors are planning for the future.
 
I did get my wish as we get to know more about those things and we get even more hints about Hawke and Sienna. Could I stop myself from picking up their book after this one? No, I couldn't!
 
So, while this one is not a favourite in the series, it was a good read due to all that we get to know about that fabulous world Singh created.
 
Grade: 3.5/5
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...