Thursday, December 13, 2007

Holly's Cooking Challenge - Week 2, Recipe 2


I tried a new one yesterday - Sweet and Sour Chicken Breasts

Ingredients
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Juice of 1 lemon
Fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
Bean sprouts
Chinese Mushrooms (but I used regular fresh mushrooms)
1 small can sliced pineapple, drained and cut into chunks
Soy sauce
Cashews

Cut the chicken into thin strips and mix with the lemon juice and the chopped ginger. Leave to marinate in a non-metallic bowl for about 30 minutes.
In a frying pan heat the olive oil and mix the chicken breast with the mushrooms and the bean sprout. When it's partially done add the pineapple and the chashews. When cooked pour the soy sauce and mix everything. Serve with white rice.

It was really easy to do and tasted wonderfully! To repeat soon...

10 comments:

  1. Hmmmmmmmmmmm!!! That looks so good, Ana!!! I love Sweet & Sour chicken but the one I make is a little different from this one. I'll have to try it!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This sounds great. I'm adding it to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really good and easy to make but I'd probably use almonds instead of cashews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me start by saying that I've been enjoying reading and "looking" at the recipes. Yummy! Can't wait for your next one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds yum-mee! Bet it would be tasty over rice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are all enjoying the recipes! I'm actually enjoying cooking much more that I thought I would!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great, shall definitely cook this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Ana, I just cooked this dish for my mother who is staying with me over the Christmas period. It was delicious, we both enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I hope you and your mother have had a happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...