Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Crime Seen - Victoria Laurie


Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye, is having a hard time getting over a gunshot wound from her last case-especially because she didn't see the shots coming. Out of work and second-guessing her abilities, she tries to get back in the saddle by helping her boyfriend Dutch with some of his FBI cases. And soon enough, her intuition returns-with a vengeance.

I didn't have Killer Insight so I decided to jump right to the next book Crime Seen thinking maybe it could be read as a stand alone. It was a mistake, I was throughly confused in the first few chapters trying to figure out what had happened to Abby as she is recuperating from some events from the previous book.

I really enjoyed the fact that this time Dutch actually asks for Abby's help to solve a few cases. And she decides to lend him a hand but soon also her friend Candice is asking for her help in a murder case Dutch and his friend Milo have worked on so she spends part of the story trying to evade Dutch's suspicions. I think what I liked more is how Abby "tunes in" and receives information from her "crew" regarding the several cases she is involved in and the people she comes across with.

There seems to be a lot of clues and leads appearing but in the end it does make sense and she does tie everything up. Maybe because she was a more sympathetic person I was more interested in Bree's mom's mystery (secondary case) than in Lutz (main case), and because of that it wasn't the page turner that these books usully are for me. I was also very curious about the 2 photos that are mentioned as being a part of a case Dutch is investigating but we don't an answer to that particular case. Besides the interaction between Abby and Dutch (and their respective pets) I also enjoyed the friendship between Abby and Candice and it seems to me there might be more cases fo these 2 in the future.

It was nice and enjoyable but do read the series in order or you'll be as confused as I was.

Grade: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...