Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Best of 2008

With so many lists going round in the blogosphere with the best books of 2008 I decided to do my own listing too.



I think I've read more this year than in any of the previous years, for one because I read more mysteries and thrillers which I usually read faster (I can't wait to find the culprit!) but also because I've read a lot more traditional regencies (smaller books) than in previous years.



I've read a total of 184 books and gave a 5 star rating to 16 books:




Devil in Winter - Lisa Kleypas


Dreaming of You - Lisa Kleypas


Texas Splendor - Lorraine Heath


Winter's Heat - Denise Domning


Shadows and Strongholds - Elizabeth Chadwick


Mistress of The Revolution - Catherine Delors


Lady Gallant - Suzanne Robinson


These Old Shades - Georgette Heyer


The Tea Rose - Jennifer Donnelly


Warprize - Elizabeth Vaughan


Warlord - Elizabeth Vaughan


The Winter Rose - Jennifer Donnelly


Mine Till Midnight - Lisa Kleypas


Devil's Cub - Georgette Heyer


Slave to Sensation - Nalini Singh


The Sharing Knife: The Beguilement - Lois MacMaster Bujold





Of the authors I already knew Lisa Kleypas is the author who received more 5 stars with 3 books and Georgette Heyer being a close second. The list reflects the fact that most of my readings were historical romance, it also reflects a new genre that I just discovered this year - fantasy/paranormal - with Elizabeth Vaughan, Nalini Singh and Lois MacMaster Bujold being the new finds.



I'm looking forward to a 2009 full of good books and new authors! I plan to read more Historical Fiction, more Mysteries and Thrillers and especially I hope to make a bigger dent in the TBR pile than I did this year.

9 comments:

  1. We have 2 in common, Ana: Shadows and Strongholds and Texas Splendor.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally different books but both soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list...The Tea Rose and The Winter Rose are on my list too. Can't wait for the next one. BTW - 184 books? Good lord woman, that's a lot of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking at Jennifer Donnelly's website earlier but there seems to be no information about when it will be released.

    What can I say, I have few hobbies and barely watch TV! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 184? 184? 184??? 184?!!?
    One hundred and eighty four?!?!
    Just a second as I go throw myself under a car!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL this is what happens when you track your reads, they grow!!!

    How many did you read??

    ReplyDelete
  7. *mumble* 57 *mumble*
    It was a bad year, but my best since I've been counting is 67, 184 is totally impossible, only if I go to the hospital for 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOLOL I don't have many other hobbies you know??

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've read more than me this year!


    Of the books on your list I have never read Lorraine Heath or Denise Domning, Suzanne Robinson or Lois McMaster Bujold. I need to read more Heyer and really enjoyed all the other books that you listed!

    ReplyDelete

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...