Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Recipes: Muesli Cookies


One of the things I had planned for this season was to bake more and find some good cookie recipes. I usually go to my mom's for Christmas so I have no big traditions at my house but I wanted to find something that would be tasty and easy to make that I could take when we go for Christmas dinner. I decided I would ask friends for some nice recipes and would try them out.

The first recipe was shared by Alex who directed me to this site. I couldn't find some of the ingredients so I kind of adapted it to fit what I had:

50 g flour
50 g brown sugar
1 egg
50 g milk (actually I just added a bit not to make it too liquid)
100 g Muesli (it was supposedly just 50g but I thought more would taste better and add consistency to the mix)
1 small spoon of baking soda
50g vegetable butter

Pre-heat the oven at 200º. Mix everything. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes until the edges are light brown.

Note: my cookies look a bit on the giant side because I used a tablespoon, next time I'm going to use a tea spoon.

I'm still looking for more recipes so if you have any favourite recipes you would like to share leave me a comment.

3 comments:

  1. Can I deduct the 100g (it was supposedly...) are of muesli?? :oP

    You've already seen the recipe in my blog, another one I tried and liked it *very* much:
    http://caosnacozinha.wordpress.com/2008/07/04/cookies-de-amendoins-com-mel/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops going to correct that asap! Yes it's muesli and yes it's very similar to yours, must try that one too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :oP
    I'm not very fond of muesli so I'll pass on these but will wait for your next recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...