Friday, July 10, 2009

The Everything Austen Challenge



Okay, so it does seem I'll be swamped in Challenges soon but I couldn't resist joining this one too. It's the Everything Austen Challenge and its run by Stephanie from Stephanie's Written Word .

The details!

The Everything Austen Challenge will run for six months (July 1, 2009 – January 1, 2010)! All you need to do is pick out what six Austen-themed things you want to finish to complete the challenge.


I still haven't chosen my six Austen related things but I'll probably combine this challenge with the Period Drama Challenge and divide my efforts between books and DVDs.



Updaded to add my choices:

10 comments:

  1. welcome aboard! I couldn't pass this one up either:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already thinking about what to read and watch! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah this one was too good to pass up, and 6 things, I'm sure I can do that (famous last words?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh eh looking forward to see which are your choices Janicu! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted mine a little bit ago. They are:
    * Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
    * Lost in Austen: Create your own Jane Austen Adventure by Emma Campbell Webster
    * Jane Austen in Scarsdale: Or Love, Death, and the SATs by Paula Marantz Cohen - (I live near Scarsdale)
    * Persuasion - I've seen this movie (1995 with Amanda Root and Ciaran Hinds) but will watch again
    * By a Lady by Amanda Elyot
    * Jane Austen Ruined My Life by Beth Pattilo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seem to go for the modern retellings for some reason. Those can go either way. Some Austen lovers HATE them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for joining my challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janicu,

    I'm looking forward to see what you think of your choices. I haven't loved every modern retelling I've read but that doesn't mean they all bad. Haven't read any of those but I do love Persuasion. :-)

    Stephanie,

    It's my pleasure really! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still haven't committed to this one! I really should just hurry up and do it really!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to know your choices Marg! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...