Friday, March 21, 2014

Temptation Ridge - Robyn Carr


4783632

At twenty-five, after five years as her mother's caregiver, it's time for Shelby to experience freedom and adventure. Time for travel, college and romance. But when she visits Virgin River, she runs into Luke Riordan, decidedly "not" whom she has in mind. A handsome Blackhawk pilot, Luke exited the army after twenty years, four wars and having been shot out of the sky three times. At thirty-eight he's tough and jaded. His major was in one-night stands, with a minor in commitment avoidance.
Technically, these two are all wrong for one another. But sometimes what you want and what you need are two different things...two very "good" things.

Although I am a series lover it is not always that I feel like (or get the chance to) reading them all in a row as it is happening with this series. I have been pondering about what attracts me to it. I think it is about the fact that I seem to be watching the community being built. Not just grow... I actually feel that with each book that something is still missing and I think that is what keeps me from giving higher grades.
I keep reading because I know that when it feels completed it will make a great story.

Two things annoy me though. One that, especially in the first books, they keep mentioning that Jack was too old to have kids. That is just silly! And second that each newcomer seems to have to point out that the women are all stunningly beautiful. That is just as silly not to mention unrealistic. And since in every book there's a newcomer it's also boring.

Having said that I quite enjoyed Shelby's book. I liked both the main characters, that they had some baggage but managed to get into a healthy relationship and I did like it that, with a little help from friends and family (which I'm sure we will see in later books) Luke managed to overcome the bit of baggage that was stopping him from making a commitment. And that Shelby was wise enough to come back when he was ready for her! They felt like sensible people with real worries and expectations.

One of my favourites so far!

Grade: 4/5

2 comments:

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...