Friday, April 11, 2014

Blood Ties - Kay Hooper


6544020
A  series of grisly murders has left a trail of blood across three states, bringing the Special Crimes Unit to a small Tennessee town. There, two more brutal killings lure Noah Bishop and the SCU into what may be the ultimate trap, and lead Special Agent Hollis Templeton into a dangerous attraction—and a serial murder investigation that turns very, very personal. In her time with the SCU, Hollis has shown an uncanny ability to survive even the deadliest attacks. But what she can’t know is that this killer intends to destroy the team from within. As the body count climbs, and Bishop and his agents race to uncover the true identity of their enemy, not even their special senses can warn them just how bloody, and how terrifyingly close, the truth will be.



Another Kay Hooper book, another installment in the Bishop series. I think her latest books have all been connected to one another and I wouldn't suggest reading this one without reading the others. Although the back blurb only mentions Holly I felt Diana was as much a main character here. And since they are both recurring characters I really enjoyed seeing them find center stage in this story.

Hooper does manage to keep the suspense going on two fronts. Who has been trying to harm Bishop and his work and who is the serial killer at work in a small town, that seems connected with the main villain they have been searching for.

I did like the story as a whole and indeed I read it almost in one sitting but I think Hollis love interest came about a bit too sudden and I would have liked to see more interaction between them. I was very much surprised by the "who wants to discredit Bishop?" twist and I found the final twist a bit worrisome - Although I enjoyed this trilogy I am ready to move to the next one.

By the way has anyone read the next book in the series? Haven? What I have been reading about it hasn't exactly thrilled me but I'll give it a go one of these days.

Grade: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...