Saturday, January 5, 2008

Holly's Cooking Challenge


Ok so I ended up cooking new things but not taking photos nor posting recipes as the weeks of Christmas and New Year were pretty hectic around here. Since the challenge was just for December (although I must say I really enjoyed planning and cooking new things and I'll probably keep doing it) I decided to finish it by sharing the recipe of the Pear Crumble I made for New Year's Eve:

3 pears (you can also do it with apples)
150g sugar
200g flour
150g butter
Cookies
Port wine
Cinnamon


Melt the butter and mix it with the flour and the sugar. You should mix it with your fingertips so it will look like breadcrumbs. Peel and cut the pears in small pieces and put them on a previously buttered baking tray. Pour the port wine on the pears and sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover the apples with the crumble topping and take it to the oven for 30 min on a 180ºC temperature. Smash the cookies and cover the top of the crumble with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...