Monday, October 13, 2014

What I've been reading lately - part 1

Although I haven't had the time to write reviews I have been reading. It the seem the more stressful the period the more books I grab to read. I have been updating my Goodreads account but I thought of posting them here too.

So here's what I have been reading:

Once Upon a Tower - Eloisa James
One can always depend on James for a nice story and this was no exception. Nothing memorable but nice.

Forbidden Falls- Robyn Carr
The latest books in this series feel a bit like more of the same but I have keeping up and that means they are still working for me.

The Sins ofthe Wolf - Anne Perry
I don't know why it takes me so long to grab Perry's books because by now I know I am going to love them. This one was very good especially because Hester was in the spotlight and not in a good way. I guess it because they are full of susbstance and make think that I can' t manage one after another. I like to have some time between reads so I can keep savoting them after closing the last page.

Rainshadow Road - Lisa Kleypas
I decided to give another try to Kleypas contemporaries and while did not love them completely it made for an intereting read. (it's the paranormal element that's holding me back I think). After this one I grabbed Dream Lake and Crystal Cove and felt the same. My favourite ended up being Alex Nolan because I felt he had the most difficult path ahead of him and quite liked his girl. 

A Very Long Engagement - Sebastian Japrisot
A great premise but a not so great execution. I never warmed up to the main character, thought that a more substantial eplanation was needed for what had happened and felt the ending was a bit meh.

Shield of Winter - Nalini Singh
Loved this one. Yes it's similar to Heart of Obsidian but I quite enjoyed it nonetheless. Looking forward to the next book!

The Escape - Mary Balogh
It is not a good thing that a few weeks after having read it I can barely remember the story. I am a bit Balogh fan and I haven't enjoyed her latest books as I used to I'm afraid. Gone back to me notes and I can say it was an ok read (much like the James I mentioned earlier) but I am always hoping for more from her.

Haven - Kay Hooper
I really disliked this one. The main characters change in the middle of the book ( or at least that how I saw it) and I felt a bit manipulated by what happened.

Angel's Peak - Virgin River
A really good one with a secret baby plot. Not my usual favourite but it worked out ok.

There's more to come but I'll save it for another day. The fact that I organise my reads wth Fictfact has made me read more series books than stand alones and I still have lot's of them to catch up with.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...