Wednesday, August 26, 2009

RIP (R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril) Challenge


I really enjoyed participating in Carl V.'s Once Upon a Time Challenge. Last year I had seen mention of this RIP challenge in several blogs and this year I just couldn't resist joining when I saw it being mentioned again. I was surprised to find out that this was already fourth edition of the challenge. The challenge runs from September 1st till October 31st. Here's what Carl says:

Readers Imbibing Peril, that is what it is all about. I hope you’ll consider joining us on this more eerie road less traveled.

Walk this way.


Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.

The desire for the thrill that comes with this kind of reading drifts in on the autumn winds. You breathe it in and it takes hold of you, tempting you to late nights, book-in-hand, turning pages and starting at every unknown noise. Something wicked this way comes…



How can one resist with this kind of description? Besides it's a chance to pick those darker books I have sitting in the TBR pile.




I'm going for the Peril The First level - Read Four books of any length, from any subgenre of scary stories that you choose.


Potential books to choose from:


The Thirteenth Tale - Diane Setterfield
Mistress of The Art of Death - Ariana Franklin
Triptych - Karin Slaughter
Hunting Ground - Patricia Briggs
Deadly Decisions - Kathy Reichs
One False Move - Alex Kava
The Secret of Chimneys - Agatha Christie
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson
A Great Deliverance - Elizabeth George
Hornet's Nest - Patricia Cornwell
Ritual Sins - Anne Stuart


Of course I might just end up choosing others... ;-)

Books read for the challenge:

Agatha Christie - The Secret of Chimneys
Lara Adrian - Kiss of Midnight
Alex Kava - One False Move
 Karen Rose - I Can See You

7 comments:

  1. I've read the Thirteenth Tale and will reread it again this year.. It's a very good mystery !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list Ana! I loved The Thirteenth Tale, Mistress of the Art of Death and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great list! I loved The Thirteenth Tale and I hope to read the Ariana Franklin book this year. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for joining us this year. I think we are going to have a lot of fun. You've got a great pool of potential reads there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Thirteenth Tale was a very fun book. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you have a great list. I really enjoyed The Thirteenth Tale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi all and thanks for the welcome! :-)

    I seems the Thirteenth Tale is a unanimous recommendation. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...