And I have yet another challenge for 2013 - the Regency Romance Reading Challenge - which is dedicated to author Candice Hern. I have read some of her books in the past but not those chosen for this challenge. I remember I didn't love the books I read by her but I keep hearing many good things about and I thought about giving her stories another go.
I was attracted to the fact that it is about regency reads but also because there's a reading schedule - from January to September - and we will be able to compare our views of the book with the other readers. I'm not sure that I will be able to join in every month so I'm choosing the Neophyte level of participation ( read 1 to 2 books & short stories).
You can find the challenge details at Laurel Ann's lovely blog Austenprose and I'm listing below the review schedule:
The Regency Romance Reading Challenge Review Schedule:
- Wed Jan 23 – A Proper Companion
- Wed Feb 27 – A Change of Heart
- Wed Mar 27 – An Affair of Honor
- Wed Apr 24 – A Garden Folly
- Wed May 22 – The Best Intentions
- Wed Jun 26 – “Desperate Measures”
- Wed Jul 24 – Miss Lacey’s Last Fling
- Wed Aug 28 – “Lady Ann’s Excellent Adventure”
- Wed Sept 25 – TBA: New Candice Hern Traditional Regency Romance Novel
List of books read: