Sunday, May 23, 2010

New Additions To The TBR Pile

Charles d'Orleans (1394-1465), shy nephew of mad French king Charles VI, is the focus of this narrative, first published in the Netherlands in 1949. An historical novel of intrigues, battles and love affairs set in 14th and 15th century France and England.




Fifth century Britain is a country in chaos and division after the Roman withdrawal. This is Merlin's world - the illegitimate son of a South Wales princess - he is aware of the gift of "the sight". The other books in this trilogy include "The Hollow Hills" and "The Last Enchantment".

4 comments:

  1. I have the Crystal Cave on my TBR list. We'll have to compare notes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the Stewart trilogy twice now, once as a young girl and a few years ago in my *elderly* years. I really like them and the POV of Merlin.

    Dark Wood has been on my Amazon lish longer than I care to admit. Must rectify that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marg,
    Planning on reading it soon?

    Misfit,
    Glad to know you liked the Stewart. Dark Wood is one big book, I hope it will be a good read too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some time in the next 8 or so weeks all things going well.

    ReplyDelete

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...